Life after the Peace Corps. The next chapter begins.....

...At My New Home at Heritage Point

Monday, May 17, 2010

My First Day of Work

I just realized that I forgot to post an entry from May 4th. So go back and check out, "The Pigs and the Pots".
But since I'm writing, I'll just quickly tell you about the bus ride to work this morning. In case there was any doubt in anyone's mind, YES, I got lost! I found my way to the bus stop, got on the right bus and even got off at the correct stop, but it went downhill from there. I headed in the complete opposite direction, which I'm sure is causing my father to laugh as he reads this, remembering how I walked out the door of our house for the first day of junior high school and headed in the completely wrong direction. Unfortunately, in this case, the neighborhood is not quite the same as Oakwood, and as a wandered around, a policeman stopped me and said, "Mam, you don't want to be here." So, I walked back to the bus stop and called my dear counterpart, Florence, who immediately picked me up and we went over the route again. I'll try again tomorrow!!

No comments: