Life after the Peace Corps. The next chapter begins.....

...At My New Home at Heritage Point

Friday, May 21, 2010

It's been a busy week at WIN. We start off each week with a Staff Meeting to inform each other what we are going to be doing that week, and coordinate our efforts, whenever possible. Florence took me to visit several of the organizations that are members of WIN and meet their staff, including the Belize Family Life Association, Belize Audubon Society, Alliance Against AIDS, Youth Enhancement Services (YES) and the YWCA. There are other Peace Corps workers at YES and the YWCA, so maybe I will have a chance to work with them occassionally as the year progresses. I've also been on a few more walking tours - on Wednesday we were in the opposite part of town when a down pour started and Florence and I got soaked before we could get a cab back to the office. In the photo is Minerva Varela, the Finance Officer; Shelmadine Coche, one of the Program Officers I will be working with, and Carolyn Reynolds, the Executive Director. (Florence was home changing out of her wet clothes!) Tonight is the "WINNERS" volunteer meeting and I am anxious to meet them and see what they do with WIN.
Then I head back to Belmopan on Saturday for the last week of training and swearing in. My roommate the first week we were here, Linda Crawford, is celebrating her birthday on Sunday and mine is on Monday (which is a National Holiday), so we are planning to have dinner with some other volunteers - and maybe even a glass of wine!

1 comment:

Viewsfromabroad said...

Wow Jane!
It sounds like everything is going wonderfully for you!
So did you pack all the right things? and/or if you could do it over again what would you pack?
Best always,
Karen